Thursday, March 19, 2009

GREAT artists!!


In April 2008 I payed a visit to the best exhibition I've ever seen in my life (up till now) in the Guggenheim Museum in New York.
This was my first encounter with The Guggenheim in New York, which is a fantastic piece of art of its own. The exhibition inside was breathtaking. It was the 'I want to believe' retrospective travelling exhibition
of one of the greatest contemporary artists (in my opinion) in the world Cai Guo-Qiang. What a fantastic versatile and innovative artist he is. The ingenuity of his art made me shiver and gave me sensations I've never felt before visiting an exhibition. I felt very fortunate to be able to experience this.

If you want to look him up:

www.caiguoqiang.com

Currently his 'I want to believe' travelling exhibition can be seen in the Guggenheim in Bilbao. If you're able to visit his art one time, you should... it's like with all good art... you get absorbed by it when you see it for real! It hits you to the bone.

Two other great artists, but in my opinion absolutely not to be compared with Cai Guo Qiang are:
www.joshkeyes.net
and
www.ryoheihase.com
Very original art and of great quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment