Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The extended life of my jeans


A few of my jeans on the floor of my studio.

All of my jeans (and the ones of my daughter) have a second life. I wear them when I paint, so I don't have to be cautious with the paint. I wipe off my hands, palette knifes and brushes without having to think. I can splatter with the paint, I can feel free to do as I please. The textile is thick, so the paint doesn't get through it and ends on the skin of my legs.

As you can see on this picture, after a while thick layers arise. Sometimes it feels like leather. Anyway, it's a nice rough skin. They can be washed in the machine, no loss of colors! Great quality, the paint I use! I continue to wear a pair of jeans until they get too heavy. I'm very glad my daughter is convinced that she's got to wear the latest fashion models, so I never run out of new old jeans.

5 comments:

  1. Hello esther, thank you very much for the comment in my blog!Im glad for that!
    Im impressed with your artwork as well :)
    very expressive, the colors and composition.

    Take care

    Horoiwa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther, art imitates life and life imitates art. Great jeans, now art! Time to frame those works!

    Best

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Horoiwa!!!!
    (to everybody, follow his work... he's awesome!)

    Steve thanx! I already framed one years ago, lol. I'm collecting them now (when they're too heavy to wear) to make a nice composition.
    By the way, I saw your new website: looks great! Really very good lay out, well-arranged etc... and your paintings show good on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esther,
    AWESOME!! I do the same thing, except for me most of the paint ends up on my t-shirts.... We could combine and create a new fashion foward look....

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Ellen!!! Of course my t-shirts have plenty of paint on them too, but not as thick and layered like on my jeans. And you haven't seen my shoes yet!

    ReplyDelete