Friday, March 16, 2012

It was a good intention to shut myself off, of the rest of the world... but completely impossible because of the horrible tragedy which has hit my hometown.
Every parent's nightmare: 22 children and 6 adults (15 children -from a class of 22 - and 2 adults were from my hometown Lommel) - died Tuesday in a touring-car accident in Switzerland. 24 injured and traumatized for the rest of their lives.
Terrible!! The grief is like a blanket over the city. Today at 11 o'clock a minute's silence out of respect for the victims and their families and the flags are at half mast throughout the day. My thoughts are with the relatives.
Every day I understand less about life... if we do not shut ourselves off every now and then, we could easily get crazy. Looking for the positive side of life... and their are dozens of positive sides.... let's not forget that.
But today it is time to gireve.

No comments:

Post a Comment