Friday, June 12, 2009

Open letter to Brad Pitt


courtesy Georgios Kefalas

Dear Mr. Pitt,

Congratulations with the pieces of art you bought on Art Basel 2009 (June 10-14, 2009, Basel, Switzerland).
I like 'Etappe' a lot (and also the other work of Neo Rauch) and I adore the fantastic art and architecture of Atelier van Lieshout from Rotterdam. You've got an eye for it!

My art is represented by 8 (soon to be 9) renowned galleries in the Netherlands, Belgium and the USA, and my paintings are sold on a regular basis. They are still very affordable because I've been hiding them for the top-galleries who are able to present themselves at 'top of the bill' art fairs like Art Basel, Frieze Art Fair, or Art Basel Miami.

Of course, once you've bought a piece, the value of my art will rise, just because YOU bought one.
Maybe that could make it possible eventually to realize my altruistic ideals.
I can assure you that you won't have any regrets! Also everyone who has already bought my work will be thrilled!!!
Can you imagine how many people you would be making happy?

So if
you do like my work and you've got some money and empty walls in one of your houses left, please do not hesitate to contact one of my galleries (1 is located in New York City, I think you're in the neighborhood sometimes) or me in person. Of course I'd be more than pleased to deliver my work at your house personally (without ulterior motives!)

Sincerely yours,

Esther Barend


P.s.: If so, can I bring my youngest son? He's 12 and adores Angelina!
--
http://www.estherbarend.eu
http://estherbarend.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment