Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Perpetual happiness

A fragment of 'Perpetual happiness'

















This morning I entered my studio and my eyes hurt because of the white walls. Yesterday the owners of Galerie Tatiana Tournemine from Paris came to collect my paintings for their galleries in Paris and La Baule (France). I decided to leave the blank spaces, to encourage myself to continue in the painting-flow I'm in right now. I've got a lot of shows coming up this spring, and I want to present the best of the best.
My paintings are in stock in the gallery in Paris (for anyone who wants to see it) because there will start an exhibition of Fabio Calvetti tomorrow, which will last 3 weeks. Next there will be a collective exhibition including my work! They also have taken the newest one 'Resilience of the mind'. It was a pity to say goodbye to it so quickly... I didn't have the time to enjoy it myself for a long time. Fortunately I still have the pictures ;-)))
Today I finished a painting (Perpetual happiness) and started some new paintings (smaller than usual) to add to the selection of paintings I made for the exhibition in Basel (Switzerland) at the end of this month. I use a lot of layers, so it's going to take a while to finish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment